Become a member
Our membership form is available to complete and submit electronically here: IWC Application Form
After receiving and reviewing your application the Membership Chairperson will then submit your application for consideration to the Executive Board at the next monthly Board Meeting. She will write to you to let you know of the Board’s decision. If you have been accepted as a member, you will receive your membership card and directory along with your membership confirmation letter. If for some reason we deny your application, we will refund any paid membership dues less processing fees charged by the banks.
Membership rules & restrictions
Foreign-born English-speaking women
1) New membership shall be open to all foreign-born English-speaking women who are not originally of Swedish nationality and who have resided in Stockholm no more than 10 consecutive years prior to their application.
2) Women who have resided in Sweden for too long a period to be eligible for membership may be admitted under a separate quota.
3) Where an applicant has lived in Sweden, moved abroad (for a minimum period of one year) and returned to Sweden before making a membership application, the burden of proof in relation to residency abroad lies with the applicant. Applicants may be required to supply official documentation from the relevant state authorities in the country where the applicant resided before returning to Sweden.
English-speaking women of Swedish nationality
1) Women of Swedish nationality who have been living abroad for more than 10 consecutive years and have returned to Sweden no more than 3 years prior to their application will be considered for membership and may be admitted under a separate quota.
2) Swedish-born women with full diplomatic status representing another country in Sweden.